Here are some basic Paleo resources to get you started. You may need to search around on these sites to find specific information, but these are all resources I trust, and follow myself.
- Dr. Loren Cordain's site (author of the Paleo Diet for Athletes - check out the FAQ and Nutritional Tools on the left)
- Robb Wolf's blog (start with the FAQ)
- Good Harvest Market's shopping list (a simple, detailed, by-the-book list of foods to eat and foods to avoid)
- Nightshades (for those of you choosing to opt out of this food group, remove all these listed foods from the above shopping list)
- A Paleo introduction (a nice, general summary of the Paleo lifestyle - not sure who put this out, but it provides a lot of information and links)
For the next 30 days, Byers Gets Diesel is hereby known as Byers Goes Paleo. No, the site address won't actually change. But for the next 30 days, all my posts on the blog will be nutrition related, and the rest of the posts will be devoted to you and your awesome adventure. You'll have a chance to check in as often as you like for the next 30 days to post your progress, ask questions and share results. Even if you're not officially joining us, you should still keep an eye on how things are going around here. Maybe you'll learn some stuff... but at the very least, you WILL be inspired.
Also, I know I am behind in my review of the PR Party Playlist! I'm not ignoring the songs... in fact, I've hit a BUNCH of new PRs thanks to your tracks. But I have so many songs to go through, and I've decided to test drive them all personally, so I'm not all the way through the shuffle yet. I'm going to take another month with these and report back at the end of this Paleo thing. So if you haven't yet downloaded your tracks... you still have time. Rock on.