I just wanted to drop you a line to say thanks. In January of this year, I was hovering around 200 lbs. Then in March I hit 205 and I had, so I started a modified Zone diet. This modified Zone plus some basic exercise got me down to 169. Not bad... but I did not learn anything about what got me to that number.
Eighteen days ago, I stumbled onto your blog by way of CrossFit NYC. I was going to start on August 1st, but then my partner said, "Start now. Don't wait." So I did. Here is what has happened in the past 15 days.
- I gave up my addition to caffeine, along with a very harmful attachment to Splenda.
- I learned how to read labels - who knew that a basic plum tomato in a can contains sugar and salt?
- I've learned to love veggies (something I have never done)
- I am down to a lean 158 pounds
- Being a creature of habit, I always ate the same thing for breakfast and lunch. Now I am searching out new things and new textures. Can you believe I have never had a blueberry or an avocado before last week?
- I follow your instructions to the 'T' and shake my head when I hear questions about cocoa powder and coffee with cream.
Thank you so much for the note, Alex. I am so happy for you, and for the positive changes you are making. Keep up the strong work, and keep me posted as to how things are going.
Best to all of you.